Friday, May 3, 2013

First Day Facebook Free

The first day of my Facebook cleanse. Feels good but really wired to not get on and see what others have posted. My mom asked if I wanted her to call everyday. I said sure but she really wouldn't. Text and email work the same way just a little more personal. I am thinking of going screen free as well. The screens in our home have become such a distraction from interacting with each other and doing things together that it is time for a change. I am loving this new attitude I am having to changing things for the better in my home. I am letting even my family see I can change and that it is good.
With all this free time I see some book reading, game playing, coloring, sewing, walks, runs and lots more get togethers with friends. I am ready to face this challenge. Feeling good about this decision.

Love Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Hey, are you taking a break or did you did you deactivate fb? Either way good for you. It is an addiction and now (after almost a month) I have no craving at all to log in or activate another fb acct. Being screen (except for the occasional e-mail/fav. blog check) has helped me see attitudes I had been allowing to slide in my home.
    -Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting